An imposing 21,778-feet tall, the magnificent and majestic Mount Kailash is more than just a mountain. It's a legend. A revelation. An epiphany. A journey, that is both outwards and inwards. Located in the Himalayan mountain ranges of the remote Southwestern corner of Tibet, Kailash is not just one of the highest parts of the world and the source of four mighty rivers of Asia ? the Brahmaputra, the Sutlej, Ganges and the Indus ? but it?s also one of the most significant spiritual spots in the world, revered by millions of people from different religions across the world.
But more than anything, the journey to Kailash Mansarovar is a life-changing experience for the few thousands of pilgrims who undertake it every year, teaching them a sense of self like nothing else can. For a pilgrimage to this isolated, timeless, breathtaking and fascinating spiritual spot is like a journey within yourself.
YATRA INDIA offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of embarking on this journey to Kailash Manasarovar. All our fellow travelers will unanimously agree that they all returned from this trip completely transformed. The magical and mystical spot has been drawing people to its divine presence for various reasons. Here?s why you should not miss the chance to be a part of the Kailash Manasarovar yatra.
- The Kailash Parvat or Mount Kailash along with the holy Manasarovar lake is deeply integral to the heart of spiritual Asia, capturing the imagination of human beings since time immemorial.
- According to Hindu legend, the lake was first created in the mind of the Lord Brahma. Hence, in Sanskrit it is called Manasarovar, which is a combination of the words ?Manas? (mind) and Sarovar (lake).
- Hindus also believe Mt. Kailash to be the abode of Lord Shiva, the holy centre of the earth and the manifestation of heaven itself.
- Tibetan Buddhists profess that Kailash is the home of the Buddha Demchok who symbolizes supreme harmony.
- The Tibetan religion of Bon believes Mount Kailash as their spiritual seat of power.
- In Jainism, Kailash, referred to as Mount Ashtapada, is the place where the creator of their faith, Rishabhadeva, attained freedom from the cycle of life and rebirth.
- Just 20 kilometers away from Mount Kailash, the sacred blue and emerald green Manasarovar lake that lies at a height of 15,015 ft, is known to be an epitome of purity, containing healing properties and the power to wash off all mortal sins.
YATRA to this roof of the world is an arduous, but rewarding one. Every single traveler of this incredible journey undergoes a humbling and enlightening transformation, which cannot be described, but can only be felt first hand.
This year, EIGHTEEN groups will embark on the Kailash Manasarovar YATRA between MAY TO SEPTEMBER.
Come be a part of this beautiful and enlightening journey with us.